Answered By: ABC Library Last Updated: Feb 18, 2015 Views: 11363
You can transfer MP3 formatted eAudiobooks into iTunes, but not WMA ones. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Open iTunes.
- Select File > Add to Library.
The 'Add to Library' dialog box is displayed.
- Browse to Documents > My Media > MP3 Audiobooks > [Title of Audiobook].
- Click 'Open'.
iTunes adds the OverDrive MP3 Audiobook files to the iTunes Library.
- Open Overdrive.
- Select Transfer. The Transfer wizard will open.
- Pick iTunes Library in the player field.
- Continue in the wizard until the transfer is complete. Select 'Finish'.
- The eAudiobook is now available in iTunes.
See images and more detailed instructions on Overdrive's Help site for eAudiobooks.
- I am trying to download audiobooks and can get them into itunes, but when I transfer to my itouch, it isn't there. Any suggestions? I was successful before, but since downloading apple updates, I can't play any audiobooks at all.
- Thank you for your comment.
The support team at OverDrive suggests to first install the latest version of the OverDrive Media Console, which helps resolve the issue of transferring titles to Apple devices running iOS 5.
Some have trouble transferring WMA titles, even after updating the OverDrive Media Console. We received the following instructions from OverDrive to address this problem.
1. In iTunes, go to Edit | Preferences….
2. On the 'General' tab, select the 'Import Settings…' button.
3. In the 'Import Using' field, select 'AAC Encoder'.
4. In the 'Setting' field, select 'Spoken Podcast'.
5. Click the 'OK' button to apply changes and close the 'Import Settings'
6. Click the 'OK' button to close the iTunes Preferences dialog box.
After performing these steps, delete any previously transferred titles and attempt the transfer process again. Once you have transferred a WMA Audiobook to the device,
a playlist will be created for the Audiobook where it can be played. Please note that WMA Audiobooks will no longer be listed in 'Audiobooks' on iOS 5 devices.
If this does not help, or you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.