Answered By: ABQ-BERNCO Library Last Updated: Jan 09, 2015 Views: 193
This could be related to your Nook coming preloaded with and Adobe Digital Editions folder. This prevents the Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer from recognizing your Nook. Here are the steps to solve the problem:
1. Go to "My Computer" (or the equivalent on your PC or MAC).
2. Click on the Nook drive.
3. Find and copy the file ".adobe-digital-editions" to your desktop. Delete the file on your Nook drive.
4. Safely eject and unplug the Nook from the computer.
5. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
6. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.
7. Plug the Nook to the computer.
8. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
9. If not, go back to the Nook drive in "My Computer".
10. Find and delete the "Digital Editions" file.
11. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
12. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.
13. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
14. Authorize the device.
15. You can transfer books now!