Answered By: ABQ-BERNCO Library Last Updated: Dec 19, 2014 Views: 6125
To delete expired library books from your Kindle/Kindle app, use the following steps:
- Delete the library book from Amazon's Manage my content and devices, available from your Amazon account page. Use the actions button and choose Delete from the menu that pops up. When your device syncs, the library book should be removed.
- On your Kindle or Kindle app, delete the library book or Loan Ended letter associated with the expired book. To do this on touchscreen Kindles and Kindle apps, touch and hold the book cover/personal letter or item title. Choose Delete or Remove from Device. For Kindles with the 5 way controller, highlight the title, then hold the controller to the left or right until a menu opens. Choose Delete.
- Thank you so much for #2!! I looked everywhere and had tried to tap on the app, but it didn't work. I appreciate your help!
- Thanks for #2 instructions. I couldn't find this information anywhere else, including Amazon website.
- Thank you so much! Have been trying for years to delete an expired library ebook! #2 did not work for the expired book, but #1 did - on my laptop, and when I resynched my iPhone and iPad, it was finally gone!!
- Thank you so much. This was just the information I needed to get rid of all the your library loan on "---" book has ended.
- Thank you!! For some reason option #1 wasn't working but option #2 solved the issue. I really appreciate you posting the answer!