Answered By: ABQ-BERNCO Library Last Updated: Mar 24, 2017 Views: 338
The first thing to do is join the Friends for the Public Library or donate to the Albuquerque Public Library Foundation! These are a non-profit groups that raise money to support our programs and services.
If you would like to volunteer for the libraries, please contact the Branch Manager at the library where you would like to volunteer. If you would like to donate books or other materials to the library, you can view our donation policy to see what we accept and where to take your donations. We are also glad to accept monetary donations. These tax-deductible gifts are placed in special accounts that can only be used for library programs and services. Please contact our Director, Dean P. Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of financial gifts include:
- Unrestricted Gift - Your gift will help the library improve and expand its collections and support new and continuing program for literacy and life-long learning.
- Restricted Gift - You choose a specific purpose and location for your gift. For example, you may designate the purchase of large-print books for your local branch library or choose children’s titles for Main Library.
- Memorial/Honorary Gift - You may choose to remember a special person or celebrate a special occasion with your gift. A bookplate may be added to each new book to recognize the person or event. A letter acknowledging your gift will be sent to the honoree or to the family of the person memorialized.
- Bequest - You may designate the library in your will as a beneficiary for the transfer of assets such as cash, securities, real property, art or other valuable personal property.
- Major Financial Gift - You choose a project from the Library Director's "Wish List" for a gift in excess of $5000.