Answered By: ABC Library Last Updated: Feb 18, 2015 Views: 528
There arre three different ways that you can pay for the fees on your account:
- Pay with a major credit card by logging in to My Account on the library's website (detailed instructions are below).
- In person at any library with cash, personal check, or money order.
- By mailing a check or money order to the library's Customer Service Office at 501 Copper Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
Please remember to make checks payable to the City of Albuquerque and include your library card number with your payment.
We are unable to accept credit card payments over the phone, but you can pay online by following the instructions below:
How to Pay Online with your Credit Card:
- Log into "My Library Account."
- Click the "Fines and Bills" link.
- If the amount owed exceeds $2.00, the "Pay Online" button appears. Clicking this button opens a new window and begins the transaction.
- If there are multiple charges listed, you may uncheck any you do not wish to pay. Click the "Recalculate Total." The resulting total must be $2.00 or more to make an online payment.
- Enter your billing and credit card information. Click "Go."
- A confirmation screen appears giving you another chance to confirm your information and the amount you wish to pay. Clicking "Cancel" returns you to the previous screen.
- If your information is correct, click "Go" to submit this information to your credit card company.
- A payment receipt appears if your transaction was successful. If you entered a valid email address in the billing form, an email receipt will be sent to that email address.
- If you receive an error message, payment was not made. Call Customer Service at 505-768-5170 (Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 6 PM) or visit your local library for assistance.
A successful transaction will immediately update the balance in your library account. When you close this receipt window, the screen with your library account information may still show that you have an unpaid amount. The correct and updated information will be displayed if you:
- refresh your browser screen
- search the catalog while logged in and return to your account
- log out of your account and log back in
- the information tells me to click on the fines and bills link to pay for a book
but there doesn't appear to be a link called that on my account page
- If you don't see the fines button, then you don't have any charges on your library account. If you have lost an item and need to pay for it, contact our Customer Service Office at firstname.lastname@example.org | (505)768-5170 with your card number and the title of the item. We'll mark it lost for you. That will create the bill so you can pay online.