Answered By: ABQ-BERNCO Library Last Updated: Jun 28, 2017 Views: 573
There are three different ways that you can pay for the fees on your account:
- Pay with a major credit card by logging in to My Account on the library's website (detailed instructions are below).
- In person at any library with cash, personal check, or money order.
- By mailing a check or money order to the Main Library at 501 Copper Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
Please remember to make checks payable to the City of Albuquerque and include your library card number with your payment.
We do no accept credit card payments over the phone, but you can pay online by following the instructions below:
How to Pay Online with your Credit Card:
- Log into "My Library Account."
- Click the "Fines and Bills" link.
- If the amount owed exceeds $2.00, the "Pay Online" button appears. Clicking this button opens a new window and begins the transaction through Paypal.
- If there are multiple charges listed, you may uncheck any you cannot pay. Click the "Recalculate Total." The resulting total must be $2.00 or more to make an online payment.
- Enter your billing and credit card information. Click "Go."
- A confirmation screen appears giving you another chance to confirm your information and the amount you wish to pay. Clicking "Cancel" returns you to the previous screen.
- If your information is correct, click "Go" to submit this information to your credit card company.
- A payment receipt appears if your transaction was successful. If you entered a valid email address in the billing form, an email receipt will be sent to that email address.
- If you receive an error message, payment was not made. Call us at 505-768-5141 or visit your local library for assistance.
A successful transaction will immediately update the balance in your library account. When you close this receipt window, the screen with your library account information may still show that you have an unpaid amount. The correct and updated information will be displayed if you refresh your browser screen or log out and log back in to your account.