Answered By: ABQ-BERNCO Library Last Updated: Dec 18, 2014 Views: 70
The best way to be notified when the library receives new comic books or graphic novels is to set up a saved search in the Classic catalog. This search, once set up, can be rerun whenever you log in to your library account. You can also set it up to receive weekly emails with new additions that meet your search criteria.
To do this, follow these instructions:
- Log in to My Account.
- Use the Search Catalog form to search for:
Subject: Graphic Novels View Entire Collection: Print System Sorted: Reverse Year
- When your results are displayed, click the "Save My Search" button in the search toolbar. The "Save My Search" button will not be available if you are not logged in to your account or if a search returns no results.
- Choose "Return to My Account", then "My Saved Searches".
- Make sure to check the "Mark for Email" box and then click "Update List." You will need to have your email address set in My Account.
We'll send you a weekly email with new matches. You can also use and update your saved searches from My Account.
- Log in to your My Account.
- Click the "My Saved Searches" button.
- To quickly begin your search, find your saved search in the list and click the "search" link.
- To remove a search, click "Mark to Remove" and then "Update List." You may store up to 25 saved searches.
You can repeat the process with a search for:
Subject: Comic books, strips, etc. View Entire Collection: Print System Sorted: Reverse Year
Many of the comic books that we purchase that are collections of single issues are also cataloged under graphic novels, so you may get the same result from both searches. Single issues available at branches are not cataloged at all, so you will need to visit branches to browse those issues.