Answered By: ABQ-BERNCO Library Last Updated: Mar 28, 2017 Views: 447
The majority of donated items are given the the Friends for the Library. Proceeds from their monthly book sales directly support ABQ-BERNCO Library services and programs.
What we would like to receive:
- Gently used hardback and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children and adults
- All antique or collectible books regardless of condition, including first editions and autographed copies
- Multi-media (music, books, and movies) including record albums and commercially recorded cassettes, CDs, DVDs
What we do NOT accept:
- Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, excessively highlighted or underlined)
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Any Magazines including National Geographics. Check with your local library to see if they have a Magazine Exchange
- Law Codes or Statutes
- Surplused material from other institution or school libraries
- Obsolete or outdated items
Donations can be delivered to any library (except Ernie Pyle, Westgate, and Special Collections). Larger donations should be delivered to Main Library and you may call the Main Library reference desk at 505-768-5141 when you arrive so that someone can accept the donations at the back door. For donations of 10 or more boxes, please call (505)768-5167.
For more information about making donations to the library, see the Friends for the Public Library Donations page.