Q. How can I request that the library purchase a book? How do I know if my suggestion will be purchased?
We are happy to take suggestions for new purchases!
Please fill out our Suggest a Purchase form to formally make a suggestion. There is no guarantee that we will be able to get the item that you have recommended.
We currently do not notify customers on the status of their purchase suggestions.
However, you can set up a "Saved Search" in your account for the author and title of the book you have suggested. Creating a "Saved Search" will notify you when any new records have been added that match your search criteria. So, when and if we purchase the title you've recommended, an email will be sent to you, notifying you that the title is in our catalog.
If you would like to set up a "Saved Search" please follow the directions below:
Here's how to get started:
- Log in to My Account through the Library catalog.
- Search for the item you have requested, for example by entering the author's name and the title of the book in the search box.
- When your results are displayed, click the "Save My Search" button. The "Save My Search" button will not be available if you are not logged in to your account or if a Keyword search returns no results. If you do not get any results for a Keyword search, try searching by author or title in the dropdown menu.
- Choose "Return to My Account", then "My Saved Searches".
- Make sure to check the "Mark for Email" box and then click "Update List." You will need to have your email address in your account.
We'll send you a weekly email with new matches. You can also use and update your saved searches from My Account.
- Log in to My Account in the Classic Catalog.
- Click the "My Saved Searches" button.
- To quickly begin your search, find your saved search in the list and click the "search" link.
- To remove a search, click "Mark to Remove" and then "Update List." You may store up to 25 saved searches.