Q. How do I delete/return a book in Overdrive?
There are many ways to return Overdrive eBooks and eAudiobooks. The method that you will use depends on what format the book you have checked out is in.
- For Kindle formatted eBooks, you must sign in to your Amazon account and navigate to Manage my content and devices. From there, select the actions button (has three dots on it) on the left side of the eBook that you would like to return. Select Return book and confirm that you would like to return the library eBook.
- For epub formatted eBooks and eAudiobooks downloaded to the Overdrive app, simply touch and hold the book cover. Then select the Return and delete option.
- For epub formatted eBooks downloaded to Adobe Digital Editions, right click on the eBook cover and choose Return.
- For eAudiobooks downloaded to Overdrive Media Console, right click on the title, and choose Return.
- For Overdrive Read formatted eBooks, you can log in to your Overdrive account with your library card number and PIN to view your bookshelf. The title will have a Return book button next to it for you to select.