Q. How do I delete expired library books from my Kindle or Kindle app?
To delete expired library books from your Kindle/Kindle app, use the following steps:
- Delete the library book from Amazon's Manage my content and devices, available from your Amazon account page. Use the actions button and choose Delete from the menu that pops up. When your device syncs, the library book should be removed.
- On your Kindle or Kindle app, delete the library book or Loan Ended letter associated with the expired book. To do this on touchscreen Kindles and Kindle apps, touch and hold the book cover/personal letter or item title. Choose Delete or Remove from Device. For Kindles with the 5 way controller, highlight the title, then hold the controller to the left or right until a menu opens. Choose Delete.
- Thank you so much for #2!! I looked everywhere and had tried to tap on the app, but it didn't work. I appreciate your help!
- Thanks for #2 instructions. I couldn't find this information anywhere else, including Amazon website.
- Thank you so much! Have been trying for years to delete an expired library ebook! #2 did not work for the expired book, but #1 did - on my laptop, and when I resynched my iPhone and iPad, it was finally gone!!
- Thank you so much. This was just the information I needed to get rid of all the your library loan on "---" book has ended.
- Thank you!! For some reason option #1 wasn't working but option #2 solved the issue. I really appreciate you posting the answer!
- This technique does not work. The books still appear to be on my Kindle, although they no longer appear in my Amazon manage kindle page. Please advise. Thanks,
- Directions on the Kindle page at Amazon state that once you have deleted books from your account they will be removed from your kindle once you sync it with your Amazon account. You can also just delete them from the device itself as in the directions below.
To remove Items from Your Kindle Library
*Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
*From Your Content, change the Show drop-down menu to the appropriate category, if needed.
*Select the title(s) that you want to delete, and then select Delete.
* To confirm, select Yes, delete permanently.
- Books were deleted from Kindle account right away but have lingered on my app. I selected the book by pressing down and selected the "download" option. Message popped up -- unable to download and provided an option to "Remove from library".
- #2 - YES! Thank you. I could not get these books off my Kindle with #1.
- #2 is great. Got tired of looking at (loan ended) on my Kindle Fire. Had deleted it on my Amazon page and regular Kindle but it lingered on the Fire for some reason. Thank you so much!
- These work, but still a couple of books that were deleted hanging on in the app even though the items weren't displaying under content list in the content and devices section. I deleted and reinstalled the Kindle app on my phone and iPad and the old content cleared right off! Hope this helps :)
- Thank you! I have been looking for an answer for this for a long time. Info #2 was the solution!